Illustration: Navigation in migRaven
1. Workflows in work steps in migRaven
After the start-up, first of all the AD must be scanned. migRaven works with a copy of your AD, which migRaven creates in its Graph database. If you have created new objects in your AD, you must carry out a re-scan in migRaven, in order to receive an updated snapshot of your AD.
Secondly the authorizations must be configured in the group configuration. Following is important:
- Determination of a new AD-OU, in which the authorization groups are to be created
- The determination of the group type of the authorization groups: as universal, global or local groups
- The layout of the group name, which can consist of the following components: Prefix, group type, server name, share name, directory name and suffix for the access rights to the directory
Then you can select one of the project types:
- Migration per Scan for the migration of a Windows file server share.
- Novell-Migration for the migration of Novell-directories in a windows share.
- Bulk-Import for writing the authorization data from a table in a windows share.
2. Work steps and status within a project
The progress within a project is marked by the project status. Your project achieves a new status as soon as the given work step has been successfully completed.
|start your project||enter project name, source (depending on the project type) and the target share|
|Read in||Scan permission data||0|
|View current situation||Visualization of the scanned permission data|
|Design & Work||Based on the scanned permissions, migRaven creates a new folder- & permission group structure (according to MS Best Practice) and stores the data in its database||1|
|View new structure||Visualization of the new folder- & permission structures|
|Deploy Groups||In this step, changes are applied to your live system, as the new permission groups are written into the AD.||2|
|Deploy ACL||The new directory tree is written on the new share and the permission groups are written into the corresponding ACLs.||3|
|Deploy Data||migRaven manages the copy-process for your data with automatic RoboCopy scripts that fit your folder structure.|
After you have controlled the authorizations in the target share and these meet your expectations, you must copy your data and properly identify source-and target-share.