System requirements and preparation
For the installation of migRaven.24 / 7 is to provide a standalone server (or equivalent VM). Please note when choosing that migRaven is a database supported application. For this reason, appropriately fast HDD storage should be used. We deliver the database. The graph database neo4j is used, the Java (or other OpenJDK installations) migRavenVersion 6.3.1943).
Recommendation: RAM and fast HDD always have a positive effect on the performance of a Database File
The more RAM memory is available for the system, or the faster the HDD is, the faster database queries can be processed.
The minimum requirements to install migRaven.24/7 server to is Windows Server 2012 R2.
Before you start the installation, make sure that the server settings are the equivalent of minimum requirements for migRaven.24/7 requirements.
Sizing for the installation of migRaven.24/7
- Windows system: 6 GB RAM, 4 cores, 80 GB HDD
- For every 1000 users: 2GB RAM, 1 core, 2 GB HDD (max. 10 GB RAM, 8 cores, 20 GB HDD)
- For every 1 TB data to be scanned: 2 GB RAM, 1 core, 5 GB HDD (maximum 30 GB RAM, 24 cores, 100 GB HDD)
- <b>Last but not least:</b> a caching partition on C: with the size equivalent of RAM available
Example configuration for 1.500 user + 10 TB data to be managed
- RAM: 6 GB (OS) + 4 GB (user) + 20 GB (data) = 30 GB RAM
- Cores: 4 (OS) + 2 (user) + 10 (data) = 16 Cores
- HDD: 60 GB (OS) + 2 GB (user) + 50 GB (data) = 132 GB + 30 GB reserved on C: for caching
Example configuration for 3.000 user + 80 TB data to be managed
- RAM: 6 GB (OS) + 6 GB (user) + 30 GB (data) = 42 GB RAM
- Cores: 4 (OS) + 3 (user) + 24 (data) = 31 cores
- HDD: 80 GB (OS) + 6 GB (user) + 100 GB (data) = 186 GB + 42 GB for RAM caching on C: (or swapping to another volume)